Fitness Center Policies
- All workout clothing should be modest; shirts and tennis shoes are required at all times.
- Store clothing, gym bags, and cell phones in a locked locker. The YMCA is not responsible for personal items left unattended.
- Fitness center members must be age 13 years or older to use the equipment. Children age from 9-12 may use the cardio equipment but MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- As a courtesy to all members, please wide down equipment pads after use.
- Be considerate and let other members workout while you are resting.
- Behavior should be mature, responsible, and in line with the YMCA core values. The fitness center is for exercising only. Hold meetings or extended social conversations in the lobby.
- Please place used towels in bins located throughout the YMCA.
- Lifeguard is the sole authority in the pool.
- Walk, don’t run.
- Shower before entering the pool.
- Be considerate and play safely. No pushing or rough play.
- All food and drinks will be kept outside of the fence.
- Inflatable flotation devices are prohibited.
- All youth must take a safety swim test and wear a neck band.
- Swim diapers are required for anyone not toilet trained.
- Diving only allowed in the diving well.
- 10. Band-aids, guaze, and open wounds are prohibited in the water.
- 11. Anyone not dressed to swim must remain outside the fence.
- Use ladder to climb on the diving board.
- One swimmer at a time on the board. The next swimmer may not climb on the ladder until the previous swimmer has touched the exit ladder in the pool.
- Forward facing dives or flips only. No gainers or back dives.
- One Bounce.
- No t-shirts or goggles allowed on the board.
- Walk, do not run down the board.
Pool Closing Procedure
- In the event of a fecal accident the pool will close up to 2 hours depending upon lifeguards’ judgment.
- Bad Weather Policy-pool will close at the first sign of lightning and thunder until 30 minutes after the last sighting – or if the lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool because the rain is too heavy.